I have been experimenting with keto recipes and making videos of them. They are pretty basic, but I hope it helps others like me. If you are starting keto or low carb, these stuffed peppers with a twist may be your thing.
These peppers can be eaten just like that. I add guacamole and hot sauce to mine. You can do a green salad, cauli-rice, or any other side dish you would like. I do feel turning the stuffed pepper into a taco bowl is one of my favorite ways to eat them.
I am posting a lot of what I cook in Instagram. Please make sure you follow me to find out what I am cooking today. The link is above.
Keto Low Carb Stuffed Poblano Peppers
I love stuffed peppers and poblanos are great pepper to get full of good stuff, particularly if it is low carb and keto. I use my ground beef with sofrito to give it a Puerto Rican spin to it.
- 4 poblano peppers cleaned and de-seeded
- 1 1/3 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp Paleo Powder or to taste
- 2 tbsp sofrito see recipe
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 tsp NoSalt
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast for cheese option
- 1/4 cup cheese shredded
- 1 ounce brie cheese cut in pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Clean, devein and deseed the peppers. Place them on a baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add the seasoning, salt, and NuSalt to the beef.
- Drain the beef once cooked.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet with 1 tsp of coconut oil, if needed. Cook the mushrooms until almost crispy.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet, add 2 tbsp sofrito to it. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add everything back to the skillet and sprinkle 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast to the beef mix.
- Once peppers are ready, remove from the oven, add the brie cheese to the bottoms, add the beef mixture to all the peppers. Top with cheese or nutritional yeast. Note: If doing all 4 peppers with cheese, then double the cheese amounts listed above.
- Cook the peppers in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes at 400F. Enjoy with your preferred side, like a salad or mix it up with guacamole and sour cream.
I use the below items (affiliate links). Paleo Powder Himalayan Pink Salt Nutritional Yeast Sofrito
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 483mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 71.4mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 3.4mg